Choosing the Right Appliances for Your Outdoor Kitchen
Cooking in an outdoor kitchen is a fun way to entertain or even just feed your family, and come summer, you’ll be glad for a way to cook without heating up the indoor kitchen. If you grill often (or want to), love to host cookouts, have available patio or deck space, and would love to branch out in your outdoor cooking beyond hamburgers and steaks, an outdoor kitchen is a great option for you. Make sure to design it for optimal enjoyment, convenience, and ease of use.
Selecting the Grill
Your grill will end up being the centerpiece of your outdoor kitchen. Choose one with wheels if you want to be able to move it around. However, if the kitchen is to be a permanent part of your outdoor living in Charlotte, then choose a built-in grill with countertops on either side. You will need a grill cover, and all parts of your outdoor kitchen must be made of weatherproof materials, such as stainless steel or slate.
Once you have chosen the grill, other components of your kitchen to choose include:
– Grill accessories: baskets for grilling vegetables or fish; a good set of tongs; a meat thermometer; and more
– Side burners: most grills include these already; you usually have your choice of how many you want
– Lighting: direct light for the cooking and prep area is best. Softer mood lighting is nice for the dining area, and don’t forget the candles.
– Patio heaters: using these can turn your outdoor kitchen into a year-round amenity.
– An exhaust hood: nice for keeping smoke from blowing onto your guests.
– A refrigerator
– A sink: you can either connect this to your garden hose or to the water supply in your house
– Warming drawers: nice to have so that food stays hot until ready to serve
– An ice machine: eliminates the need to drag a heavy cooler around
– A wood-burning stove: perfect for pizza and for roasting vegetables or meats
The sky’s the limit when designing your outdoor kitchen. Think about how you will use it the most and which appliances you would like to include. The great thing about outdoor living in Charlotte is the homeowner’s ability to design a custom space that suits their individual preferences perfectly.
About Lombardo PoolsLombardo Pools is a Master Pools Guild member and Charlotte pool builder specializing in custom pool construction, outdoor living design, and swimming pool renovation. Whether you're looking for beautiful water features, custom backyard lighting, or a relaxing swim spa, the swimming pool experts at Lombardo Pools can help you design the perfect Charlotte outdoor living environment. Since the 1960s, Keith Lombardo and his team of experienced pool professionals have been serving families across the Charlotte area, including Lake Norman, Mooresville, Weddington, and Rock Hilland. As Charlotte's only Master Pool Builder, Lombardo Pools has built a portfolio of award-winning pool designs. Visit their swimming pool gallery online for design inspiration, or browse recent customer reviews to hear what real Charlotte homeowners are saying about Lombardo Pools!
Ready to get started? Schedule your Free Consultation or download your copy of the Hassle-Free Pool eBook to learn how you can have the pool of your dreams without the burden of daily upkeep.
For more pool maintenance tips and outdoor living ideas, subscribe to the Lombardo Pools blog, or follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Google +.