6 Things You Should Know Before Hiring a Charlotte Pool Builder
So you’ve decided that you want to add a pool to your backyard, but you don’t know where to start. While we associate pools with leisure and relaxation, there are actually a lot of questions you need to ask yourself before you add a pool to your home. Prior to contacting a Charlotte pool builder, make sure you know the following six pieces of information.
1. What type of pool do you want? Under the umbrella of “pool,” there are quite a few styles to be chosen from. Do you envision yourself lounging in an aboveground pool or an in-ground pool? What shape of pool (square, rectangle, circle, etc.) matches the design of your home and the geographical features of your yard? How large do you want the pool to be, and do you have enough space to fit your chosen design on your property? Answering these questions can help you find the perfect Charlotte pool design.
2. What is your budget? Different pool designs and pool building services will yield varied price tags. Decide what budget you are willing to set aside for your new pool and then use that information to help you choose a design and a builder.
3. What material do you want in your pool? Swimming pools may look similar from a distance, but can actually be built from a wide range of materials. From granite to gunite, vinyl-lined to poured concrete, the style and material build of your dream pool is one of the first questions your Charlotte pool builder is likely to ask.
4. What equipment will your pool use? Your Charlotte pool builder should help guide you through the selection of your pool filter and other pieces of pool maintenance equipment, but you should know the basics of different filter systems and chlorination methods before you meet with your pool builder.
5. What is your builder’s reputation like? Once you have sketched out the basic idea of your pool in your mind, you will start looking around for Charlotte pool builders and making a list of potential hires. If you have friends or family in the area, ask for references. If not, hit the internet to read customer reviews.
6. Do you trust your builder? Eventually, you will narrow down your Charlotte pool builder options to one or two contractors. Meet with the remaining candidates and see if you feel comfortable with the people who will be building your pool. The pool construction process can take some time, and you need to be able to trust the person working near, in, and around your home.
About Lombardo PoolsLombardo Pools is a Master Pools Guild member and Charlotte pool builder specializing in custom pool construction, outdoor living design, and swimming pool renovation. Whether you're looking for beautiful water features, custom backyard lighting, or a relaxing swim spa, the swimming pool experts at Lombardo Pools can help you design the perfect Charlotte outdoor living environment. Since the 1960s, Keith Lombardo and his team of experienced pool professionals have been serving families across the Charlotte area, including Lake Norman, Mooresville, Weddington, and Rock Hilland. As Charlotte's only Master Pool Builder, Lombardo Pools has built a portfolio of award-winning pool designs. Visit their swimming pool gallery online for design inspiration, or browse recent customer reviews to hear what real Charlotte homeowners are saying about Lombardo Pools!
Ready to get started? Schedule your Free Consultation or download your copy of the Hassle-Free Pool eBook to learn how you can have the pool of your dreams without the burden of daily upkeep.
For more pool maintenance tips and outdoor living ideas, subscribe to the Lombardo Pools blog, or follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Google +.